Koh Samui, also commonly known as Samui Island, is a virtual melting pot that never fails to attract travelers of all kinds. This is hardly surprising considering the fact that there is no shortage of activities and accommodations in this pristine location.
Travelers would be glad to know that there is something for everybody. You can go to the hustle and bustle of Chaweng Beach or you can bask in the relaxing atmosphere of Lamai Beach. If you are looking to take in some of the local cultures, we recommend that you swing by Bophut’s Fisherman’s Village.
Of course, it is worth noting, that a significant amount of the tourists visiting Koh Samui are also fitness buffs looking to embark on a fitness adventure of their own in this island paradise. While there is certainly no shortage of gym facilities on the island, it is of vital importance that you choose the gym that can effectively address your fitness needs. After all, the right gym choice can certainly make your fitness goals that much more feasible and attainable.
This article is specifically designed to help you find the best gym on Koh Samui. That being said, read up and pay close attention. As you explore the different facilities of Koh Samui, make sure to keep these things in mind.
What to Look for in a Koh Samui Gym
Upon exploring the area of Koh Samui, you will quickly realize that gym facilities and fitness resorts can be found all over the island. However, it is vital that you not rush into this decision. After all, you will be spending a lot of time there. So, choosing the right gym for your fitness holiday is vital. That being said, presented below are some of the things you should consider when looking for a gym in Koh Samui:
- Ideal Location – You should pay close attention to your gym’s location. Ideally, you would want it to be as conveniently located as possible. This way, missing your daily workout routine would be simply inexcusable. That being said, a fitness holiday is exactly what it sounds like: a chance to sit back and relax while making sure that you stay in great shape. This would also mean choosing a gym that is not only highly accessible from your hotel but also remains close to the beach and the sights.
- Vital Amenities – Nowadays, you will have no trouble finding gyms which also have saunas, Jacuzzis and all sorts of additional features designed to rope you in. However, before signing the dotted line and joining a gym, it is vital that you keep your fitness goals in mind. Ask yourself: will these amenities help me get in better shape during my holiday?
Of course, there is nothing wrong with pampering yourself every now and then. However, if you are truly serious about putting in the work, then such amenities should only come second. Additional perks like the perks like access to a sauna are great but it should not be your prime consideration. Remember that the last thing you want to do is to splurge on facilities you won’t be able to maximize.
- Right Equipment – Before going to a gym, it is vital that you have your fitness goals clearly pictured out in your mind. This is because, as you may have figured out by now, not all gyms offer the same facilities. That being the case, your gym should have the things you need to help you achieve those fitness goals. For instance, if you are looking to find your center and work on your core, then you should probably find one with yoga classes. On the other hand, if you are looking to improve your strength levels then the best thing you can do is to start lifting weights. If that is the case, then your ideal gym should offer a wide variety of free weights as well as the latest machines.
- Price Range – Gym rates can vary wildly. That being said, you need to think about how much you are willing to spend on a monthly basis. It is also vital that you compare the different rates and find the best deal. Keep in mind that most gym memberships are legally binding agreements and they may compel you to keep paying for a defined period of time. Think of it as an investment in your health fitness. Of course, all of that money would simply go to waste if you fail to make the most of your membership.
- Staff – Another factor you should really look into is the gym’s staff. They should not only be friends but they should also be knowledgeable about the science of fitness. After all, they are there to guide you throughout the entirety of your fitness holiday. At the very least, they should have a clear idea on how to do just that.
- Gym Culture – This aspect is one that often goes overlooked. However, we make the argument that it is one of the most vital aspects of any fitness facility. It is vital that readers understand that the right kind of community can do wonders for your fitness goals. The right type of gym culture would not only make you feel at ease during your workout sessions, it would also give you that extra bit of motivation. Conversely, a toxic gym culture would only serve to demotivate you. Needless to say, one has to find the gym with the right environment if you wish to truly achieve the goals you have set for yourself.
Finding the Best Gym on Koh Samui
There is a lot of work that goes into finding the right gym in Koh Samui. However, if you truly wish to find one that would help you make those fitness goals a reality then we highly recommend that you give Koh Fit Thailand a look. Ideally located in the heart of the island and offering the best classes on the island, you will find that there is no place better for your fitness holiday.